A motor vehicle accident can alter your life in many ways, as it can result in serious injuries with long-reaching financial implications. For this reason, you need to know exactly which steps to take if you find yourself in this position.
It’s easy to believe you can work closely with your insurance agent to receive all the compensation you deserve, but taking this approach is a mistake. Insurance companies are in the business of making money, so they often throw out lowball offers to see if an accident victim bites.
Furthermore, they don’t understand personal injury law, which includes your ability to seek compensation through other means.
Here are five reasons why it makes sense to hire a personal injury attorney:
- Experience reviewing all types of claims: It doesn’t matter what type of accident you were in, an experienced personal injury attorney can review your claim and tell you whether it makes sense to pursue legal action.
- No fee if you don’t win your case: There’s no risk involved, since the majority of personal injury lawyers work for a contingency fee. If your attorney doesn’t win your case, you don’t owe any money.
- A strong investigative background: Winning a personal injury case often comes down to conducting a thorough investigation. The best personal injury attorneys are surrounded by an investigative team that can dig into the details of your case to put you in the best position for success.
- Knowledge of alternative dispute resolutions: It’s a myth that you can only win a personal injury case after a complex and lengthy trial. Your personal injury attorney will look into other options, such as arbitration and mediation.
- Experience working directly with insurance companies: You may not know the first thing about negotiating with an insurance company, but your personal injury attorney can step in and use their experience and knowledge to secure the best possible payout.
Don’t shy away from consulting with a personal injury attorney because you’re unsure of whether or not you have a claim. An experienced attorney will review the details of your case, provide feedback and help you decide what to do next.
It’s never easy to deal with the aftermath of a motor vehicle accident, but consulting with a personal injury attorney will put your mind at ease. This allows you to focus on your recovery, while your attorney looks out for your financial well-being.